Sunday, April 1, 2012

Allegro needs surgery

RAINBOW'S END-Escapees
Livingston, TX 77351
-------------------------------------------------------------
**PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT MY NEW PAGE TEMPORARILY UP ABOUT ALLEGRO

RV LIFE & MODS:
We have a very relaxed lifestyle now. Our goal for the day is to do ONE chore! Then we are free to do as we please.
Today, I put our blog address on our rear window of the RV, with vinyl lettering. Scott put our "home" town & state on the front of the RV with vinyl lettering.


There happened to be a sign making store that we kept passing every time we had to go into the town of Livingston.  Very nice woman (owner). Quick service and I feel reasonable prices.
The large "Neptune, New Jersey" sign cost approximately $30.00 for 6" high letters.  The blog address sign cost approximately $20.00 for 3" high letters.


FOOD & BEVERAGE:
Shuky Deez Homemade Ice Cream on Urbanspoon
I must admit, I've only tried two flavors...Mocha Almond Fudge & Butter Percan. My ultimate weakness is ice cream. So while we are traveling the country, I scout out "home made" ice cream stores. I rarely find a mocha flavor, so I had to try this.
MOCHA ALMOND FUDGE: Excellent. Creamy, rich chocolate flavor with just a subtle coffee flavor amid the chocolate. The nuts were crushed instead of whole, which I thought would get lost in the ice cream. But they put so many crushed FRESH almonds in that it completes this flavor beautifully.
Butter Pecan is my "go to" flavor to determine my ratings for ice cream stores. I look for a buttery taste through out the ice cream with plenty of pecans. I do NOT like vanilla ice cream with pecans thrown in and called Butter Pecan.
BUTTER PECAN: Very good. Also had subtle flavoring of vanilla butter, without tasting like artificial flavoring. Lots of pecans throughout.
WAFFLE CONE: Tasty & fresh.
I also took a quart of the Mocha Almond Fudge home with me.

BOOKS:
Kindle edition:
Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sci-Fi/Vampire:
Great story line & characters continued in this 4th book of the "Twilight" series. I am so into the characters and have not lost interest at all in this story.
Had to watch "Breaking Dawn", the movie right after reading. Loved it!


View all my reviews

AUDIO BOOK:
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Romance:

Audio book version: Good narration by Lauren Fortgang


As with most Harlequin romance books, this is light and typical. But, I still loved it. The characters were well developed and likeable. I did get a little frustrated with the stubborn thinking of the main female character, Beth. But that was a big part of the story line. I knew it would end well. Unrealistic story, but isn't that part of being taken away into the unreal world of book reading?


AUDIO BOOK:
Though Not Dead (Kate Shugak #18)Though Not Dead by Dana Stabenow
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Murder Mystery with a little romance:

Audio book version: Good narration by Marguerite Gavin

Starts out with the death of a long time well loved local.

The story surrounds his history and also his beneficiary, Kate's history.

A good story, but too much history about Alaska. Admittedly, I am not a history fan. So if you are, you'll enjoy all the extra info on the history of Alaska.

I would have rated 4 out of 5 if the history part had been abbreviated.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Travels